American Conifer Society Membership
- Household membership (1-2 persons): $40, U.S. and Canada; $60, International
- Institutional (Non-profit only): $40, U.S. and Canada; $60, International. (Permitted one vote in Society elections on behalf of the institution and up to two registered associate members at the same address.)
- Sustaining: $75, U.S. and Canada; $95, International (Sustaining members receive recognition in Society publications.)
- Patron: $150, U.S. and Canada; $170, International. (Patrons will receive recognition in Society publications and at the National Meeting.)
- Corporate/Business: $100, U.S. and Canada; $120, International (Permitted one vote in Society elections on behalf of the corporation/business and up to two registered associate members at the same address. Corporate/business members shall receive listing online.)
- Student: FREE (Available to verified, fulltime students of horticulture, forestry or plant sciences. ConiferQuarterly available in electronic PDF format only.) Email your name, name of school, intended major and name of professor.
- Life Membership: $1000 U.S., Canada and $1500 U.S., International. (Includes up to two voting members at the same address.)
ACS Membership Benefits
- Members receive four issues of the ConiferQuarterly, with information on growing, finding, and caring for conifers. The Quarterly also publishes announcements of meetings and workshops, collector profiles, outstanding photographs and advertisements from specialty nurseries that offer conifers you’re unlikely to find in your garden center.
- Members receive discounts at a list of retail nurseries throughout the country and are able to shop at a select list of wholesalers who do not sell directly to the public.
- The ACS Website has the latest Society news, upcoming meetings and special events, blogs and observations on the world on conifers plus the conifer database (ConiferBase), a powerful tool to research conifers – especially their correct names and cultivation with over 2,500 color photos. The members’s only area of the site also has back issues of ConiferQuarterly archived.
- The annual National Meeting rotates through the four different climatic regions of the U.S. and showcases interesting gardens and arboreta. Highlights include educational programs, enlightening speakers and plant auctions that let attendees purchase rare and choice conifers.
- The Society sponsors ACS Conifer Reference Gardens across the country that showcase conifers in regional gardens which meet collection standards and and are approved by the ACS. These gardens provide access to experience unusual specimens and learn about dwarf conifers. Members often are able to take part in curator-led walks, work days and other events.
- ACS members have the exclusive opportunity to purchase Collectors Conifer of the Year trees for their gardens. These distinctive conifers have been selected for their extraordinary characteristics and scarce availability/
- A Seed Exchange makes available to members selections which are rare or unknown in the trade, including seed collected from witches’ brooms.
- Each of the four ACS regions stage events at various times of the year to let members experience nearby conifer gardens, visit conifer collections, and meet fellow conifer enthusiasts.
- Membership dues support conifer research, student scholarships, awards, conifer conservation, and public gardens throughout the USA.